"Sustainability is the paradigm of the 21st century that seeks a balance of ecologically sound, economically viable, socially just, and humane values." Anupama Pasricha, Associate Professor and Department Chair St. Catherine University, St. Paul, Minnesota
We are an environmentally conscious company using imported and domestic fabrics of natural fibers which are ethically sourced (fair trade), sustainable or organic, and dyed with low-impact dyes (which are less toxic and use less water). Sustainability means different things to different companies. Our primary sustainability goal is to be as close to 100% biodegradable as possible. If our garments’ fibers are going to make their way to the ocean, then let them be edible! [harmless] Synthetic microfibers are now found nearly everywhere – even at the bottom of deep ocean ravines. We are passionately opposed to this.
The chart below shows 7 ways to achieve sustainability in a fashion brand, and we incorporate 5 of these segments (see below). The other two simply don't apply to our business model.
- We design high quality, timeless women's blazers which are durable, transitional and seasonless - they stay in style. Sustainable fashion also means clothing which has a long use life.
- We are green and clean – we use sustainable and/or organic fabrics and buttons from vendors who care about and minimize their impact on the environment. Our #1 sustainability goal is to be as close to 100% biodegradable as possible. (find GOTS and Oeko-Tex certifications here.)
- We support fair trade and oppose slave labor. We only work with vendors who care about the ethics of the production chain, and who make a difference by enriching communities.
- Sewn to Order: Our blazers are sewn only once an order has been placed. This means no wasted inventory for a landfill or incinerator. This is called On Demand manufacturing; it limits fabric waste and has a positive environmental impact. Learn more about our U.S. based manufacturing partner here.
- Our guaranty assures your blazer will be repaired (or replaced) within the first year should you accidentally stain or damage it.
Part Of The Solution To Pollution